Provides scientific expertise and applications support and training to customers on Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Applied Biosystems brand real-time PCR instruments through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. Partners with sales reps in the field to deliver product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities and solve customer escalations effectively. Acts as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty and contributing to the overall success of the business.
- Performs product demonstrations at customer or company sites
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences
- Helps support technical training for Sales Representatives as appropriate.
- Collaborates with Sales Representatives to develop technical selling strategies.
- Participates in the field test site determination process.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at trade shows and vendor shows to present Thermo Fisher Scientific products and gather information.
- Accompanies Sales Representatives on sales calls in customers' laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Supports conditional sales placements in the field through on-site visits and telephone communication.
- Generate and record opportunities related to the Thermo Fisher Scientific workflow including Service contracts.
- Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email.
- Resolves and/or escalates customer issues & complaints.
- Provides start-up applications training to customers in their laboratories or as an instructor at Thermo Fisher Scientific training centers.
- Demonstrates basic operating and troubleshooting procedures for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Applied Biosystems brand real-time PCR instrument workflow.
- Coordinates cross-functional engagements for significant situations that require unique and/or urgent response from customer facing team members.
- Plans and delivers user meetings in house or in the field.
- Provides and continuously updates customer contact relevant information. Track, record and document relevant information from all technical enquires from customers
Other Roles & Responsibilities
- Acquire and maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of real-time PCR and digital PCR applications/workflows.
- Reports on activities in the field on a regular basis to Manager and Sales partners through written reports and regular telephone conversations.
- Reports on technical trends going on in the territory by relating customer concerns and issues to the appropriate internal partners.
- Stays current on scientific and industry trends and innovations.
- Participates in inter-departmental projects
- Accountable for managing expenses, scheduling and tracking activities.
- Participates actively to support Sales and Service meetings as required
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Requires a BA or BS in Biology, MicroBiology, BioChemistry or related scientific field.
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years of laboratory or related work experience.
- Hands-on experience of real-time PCR on market-leading platforms is essential
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical
- Is able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Capable of working independently. Is self-motivated and proactive
- Extensive experience using personal computers and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates clear and concise communications and is capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to partner effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions and arrive at a consensus.
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Is tenacious, decisive, nimble and quick, able to adapt from one situation to another quickly
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Has courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Stretches across borders, breaks silos and builds effective partnerships with customers and colleagues
- Embraces and leverages diversity of culture and thought
- MS or PhD is strongly preferred
- 1+ year of working with Life Technologies/Applied Biosystems real-time PCR instruments preferred.
- Experience in a clinical, diagnostics and/or regulated market
- Experience in a customer-facing role and/or providing technical and scientific presentations to a variety of audiences is strongly preferred.
- Is strategic, astute and forward-thinking
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable
- Typically works remotely from home office.
- Travel may range from 50% to 75%.
- Responsible to effectively manage schedule and negotiate scheduling conflicts
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
- Most duties are performed at field locations which may require walking within customer facilities, standing while giving presentations or conducting meetings and sitting to complete reports and sales calls.
- Demonstrations may require moving equipment and manual dexterity and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
NOTE: This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.