This Planning Manager position is responsible for all demand forecasting, inventory planning, and SIOP activities associated with assigned business units/divisions, customers and products. The role require extensive partnering with various internal and external teams to develop and implement a robust replenishment process as well as advise & influence the SIOP process.
The manager ensures the team creates and maintains forecast models for customers and/or products, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, and other sources, which the team will then plan inventory based on these forecasts.
- Coach, motivate and develop the Supply Chain Planning team to successfully deliver department objectives.
- Own the SIOP process to create an integrated plan that delivers financial results.
- Develop/implement inventory strategies to achieve service level goals and optimal inventory levels; monitor the performance of inventory policies.
- Deliver optimized finished goods inventory levels balancing service, cost, and obsolete inventory.
- Optimize capacity plans and production schedules ensuring processes are in place to identify potential gaps.
- Identify and implement supply chain improvement projects to deliver continuous improvement for the entire function.
- Recommend improvements to optimize supply chain performance utilizing tradeoff analysis and scenario planning.
- Actively participate in the process to create brand and category strategies then lead the execution of these initiatives functionally for successful implementation.
- Ensure critical KPIs are tracked and met.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, factories, customer service and logistics to proactively identify and resolve key customer service issues.
- Lead the development and execution of the demand forecast based planning process, which consists of
- Creating 12 to 18 month rolling statistical based demand forecasts
- Reviewing the forecasts with sales and marketing to confirm or modify the forecasts (overrides)
- Leading the cross-functional team to agree on a consensus demand plan
- Creating a supply planning based on the consensus demand plan
- Review previous period’s forecasts and inventory vs. actual and AOP, and formulate gap recover actions if needed.
- Driving and leading a monthly SIOP process and review with the executive team
- Provide analytics to continuously improve the forecast and drive accountability.
- Create supply planning strategies and ensure execution at the facilities.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Commercial leaders to provide Pareto analysis on opportunities to improve schedule achievement and consistency.
- Minimize obsolescence by identifying slow moving inventory and proactively working with cross functional teams to create plans to stimulate sales
- Oversee all planning related business processes and ensure optimal use of the ERP system
Required Education / Experience / Specific Job-related Skills
Years of Experience:
3-5 years of experience in a similar role
BA/BS college degree or its equivalent. MBA preferred.
APICS / IBF or other forecasting Certification preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Knowledge of Demand Planning tools (SAP APO, Oracle, Manugistics or other software) related to demand management is preferred.
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office.
- This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Must have
- The ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- The ability to see bigger picture and envision step-change scenarios
- A collaborative approach
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, decision-making and conflict management skills
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
- Passion for driving business improvement and leading change in a large, complex, global environment
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills
- Business level English written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Able to travel domestically and internationally; limited
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods
- Detailed knowledge of quality theory and lean tools and methodologies
An advocate for standard work, written procedures, and streamlining workflow and processes