Job Title: APAC Transportation Analyst
Responsibilities and Authorities
Reporting to Director of APAC Transportation LSG/LPD Groups. As part of LSG APAC Transportation Team, this role will interface across the region to support both International and Domestic transportation and logistics operations performing complex analysis to achieve best in class transportation operations to serve our customers, deliver savings targets, and provide a competitive advantage to the company. The individual will use PPI tools/processes along with technical/project management skills to deliver analysis, reports, models, surveys, scorecards and other tools to support APAC transportation operations, drive continuous improvement, identify opportunities to achieve corporate, regional and country goal. Performs other activities as directed by the manager to achieve department, divisional and corporate goals.
Key Job Activities
- Analyze and report monthly transportation operational and financial metrics / KPIs. Prepare monthly financial reports and operational scorecards including explanation of variations. Develop new metrics, reports and other materials as needed to support management and control service, quality and spend.
- Prepare monthly carrier scorecards and carrier compliance reports utilizing various analytics across various categories including service, quality, spend and transportation best practices.
- Collect, analyze, model, and present cost/benefit analysis for transportation and logistics initiatives / projects. Build models to capture savings from organic, productivity and synergy activities including transportation rate changes using complex tools and analytics.
- Provide analytical support for transportation budgeting. Conduct monthly budget analysis including monthly variation analysis.
- Utilize Practical Process Improvement (PPI) tools, processes and teams to drive continuous improvement across the region. Participate on PPI teams.
- Research industry and complete benchmark studies to identify trends, compare industry cost / efficiencies, and other elements for regional countries and divisional transportation operations. Develop complex databases utilizing industry best practices as needed.
- Key contact for 3PL freight audit and pay service provider. Including supplier implementation, reporting and problem solving.
- Develop and maintain APAC LSG transportation web-site on Thermo Fisher platform.
Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Quantitative Business Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field plus 5 year’s progressive responsibility with a multi-national company dealing with life sciences products, FMCG or capital equipment. Basic understanding of international trade and transportation would be a plus.
- 4 years of financial and operational analytical experience in Transportation / Logistics industry (Life Sciences preferred)
- 3 years of experience building data bases and using advanced analytical tools (SQL, Access, Tableau, PowerBI and others) to manage large data sets and develop reports/analysis.
- Understanding of supply chain flows.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated experience in analyzing large amounts of data using complex tools to produce reports, identify opportunities, and maintain metrics / controls.
- Experience with SQL server and Oracle, AM Access, MS Office Applications, SharePoint and other database development / tools. Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, VBA Codes, V-lookups, and macro development. Proficient with Tableau/Power BI or like tools and MS PowerPoint and PowerBuilder.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, work autonomously, and take ownership of initiatives to drive results. Must be able to learn quickly and make a contribution immediately. Comfortable in fast paced environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills including strong verbal and written skills in English. Demonstrated ability to communicate with management, business partners and co-workers. Ability to make effective presentations.
- Must have working knowledge of international trade and transportation. Plus, comprehensive understanding of logistics cost models, and typical routings, time, and cost for bi-directional movement of products and goods between the USA, Asia and Europe.