Global Technical Manager
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Global Technical Manager will be a key part of the technical professional team that makes up Process Engineering. This team is a sub-team of the Global Technical Operations organization, which is dedicated to technical oversight and support of the commercial manufacturing network. The team will provide expertise and direction on major technical transfer projects, participate in critical deviation investigations, and manage risks and facilitate continuous technical improvements of the commercial product portfolio
What will you do?
- Establish and maintain visibility and awareness of all site-based active technical transfer projects, commercial product portfolio quality and manufacturing performance.
- Assess and communicate risks during transfer projects, and work collaboratively to develop and implement mitigation plans for critical risks.
- Provide subject matter expertise to technical transfer teams
- Work collaboratively with site resources to develop and implement technical improvements for high value portfolio assets, technical innovations, and product life-cycle enhancements were appropriate.
- Develop technical justifications to support continuous improvement opportunities and gain client support.
- Establish and maintain visibility and awareness of site critical deviations.
- Provide immediate and active support of critical deviation investigations.
- Perform process data analysis, including visual, statistical, correlation, regression, and multivariate methods.
- Design experiments and perform DOE data analysis.
- Develop technical training content and deliver training to technical/operational staff.
How will you get here?
BS, MS, or PhD degree in chemical/mechanical/pharmaceutical engineering/science or related field is required.
- MS and 5+ years of productive, relevant work experience or BS and 10+ years of productive, relevant work experience required.
- Experience in formulation development, process development/engineering, manufacturing, and/or technical support.
- Leadership experience with proven record of solving problems, implementing solutions, and managing projects in a multi-project environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Subject matter expert level knowledge in multiple pharmaceutical manufacturing unit operations such as granulation, fluid bed drying, compaction/compression, tablet/precision coating.
- Competent with statistical software to perform correlation and regression analysis, multivariate analysis, and design of experiments (DOE) in the application processes troubleshooting.
- Able to write detailed technical reports. Able to effectively present detailed technical information and respond to technical questions.
- Able to analyze data, detecting inconsistencies, determining relative importance, and to solve complex technical problems based on data.
- Able to identify, propose, develop, plan, guide and aid in execution of relevant strategic projects.
This position is approved for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.