When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a Depot Repair Manager, you will lead a dedicated and professional team whose responsibilities include providing our customers with timely repairs and service support.
- Manage and Lead Depot Repair Technicians within the department.
- Leads and manages the daily activities of the Depot Repair Department.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops team in service support techniques.
- Conducts daily stand up meetings (SUM’s) for department.
- Plans, schedules, and maintains daily repair pacing.
- Analyzes, reports, and drives to goal for all key Depot metrics (cycle time, Customer Allegiance Scores (CAS), etc.)
- Reports and tracks repair backlog, issues, shortages, stoppages, and financials.
- Administers spares for multiple product lines
- Provides support to the cross functional business unit groups as needed.
- Adopts a lead PPI/LE role representing Service.
- Actively supports and promotes Depot 5S and Safety programs.
- Manages multiple priorities and all assigned duties as required.
Other Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in computer operation and use.
- Knowledgeable in metrology preferred
- 2 year College/Technical Degree and/or equivalent service work experience required, 4 year Bachelor in Business, Technical Area or equivalent preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in a Service related environment.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong professional communications, customer interfacing, follow up, and problem solving skills are required.
- Must be an organized self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Experience with Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, and Power Point) and database applications (CRM and ERP tools) are required.
- Experience in lean practices and continuous improvements tools and the ability to lead by example and provide guidance are preferred.
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentation, electronics, basic environmental chemistry, pneumatics, and mechanics is desired.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.