When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Work closely with customers and Account Managers to accurately capture requirements and secure business.
- Work with interfacing functions to ensure timely and accurate processing of customer quotes and orders (Feasibility, Packaging Engineering, Chemical Formulations, Accounting, Pricing, PMO team members, and Customer Service).
- Ensure Service Level Agreements and requested delivery dates are met for all customer orders for given account assignments.
- Serve as the customer advocate throughout internal processes. Troubleshoot, escalate and resolve issues and risks jeopardizing customer commitments.
- Communicate action plans and resolution to a customer in a timely manner.
- Adhere to Custom Order Database data integrity best practices.
- Meet Cell Biology business objectives around inquiry turn-around time, customer service level targets, order conversion rates, and revenue goals.
- Run reports, analyze data, develop presentations, lead customer conference calls, and participate in customer audits.
- Develop and execute project plans for small projects with input from Cell Biology team members
- Participate and/or lead special project initiatives (i.e. system enhancements, process improvements).
- Train and mentor Jr. APMs and represent and/or back up ITO leader in managerial duties, internal project teams and operating mechanisms
- Global interaction with account managers, customers and business teams within Cell Biology.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Nature and Scope:
The APM applies basic principles, concepts, practices and standards of the cell culture field to complete a variety of on-going assignments and projects; works on problems of moderate scope exercising judgment and independently identify next steps; analyzes quantitative information and applies professional judgment to resolve a variety of moderately complex problems; builds productive internal/external relationships; actively represents area in inter-departmental projects, and impacts team effectiveness through the quality of own work and potentially the work of others.
The employee works in an office environment. May, on a continuous basis, sit at a desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer the telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The employee must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires BS/BA (Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, and Engineering),
- 5 years’ experience in a technical or customer facing environment and working technical knowledge of the biotechnology industry including the basics of project management methodologies.
- A successful candidate will have strong skills in the following areas: written and verbal communications, interpersonal cross-functional team based interaction, organizational and detail orientation, analytical, planning, and problem-solving. Should also be intellectually curious and results oriented.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.