When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Transplant Diagnostics (TDX) business (also known as One Lambda) is the worldwide leader in HLA typing and antibody detection assays, and is known for its commitment to quality, service and innovation. Founded in 1984 by Dr. Paul Teraski, a pre-eminent researcher in the field of transplantation, One Lambda is a pioneer in transplant diagnostics. One Lambda’s tests are used by transplant centers for tissue typing, primarily to determine the compatibility of donors and recipients pre-transplant, and to detect the presence of antibodies that can lead to transplant rejection.
We are looking for a proactive, result-driven individual to join a highly collaborative and fast-moving team dedicated to developing the next generation transplant diagnostics products. As Software Product Manager you will be responsible for developing, driving, and managing a software roadmap; integrating and simplifying analysis and data management workflows across multiple assay product lines; and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
You will work with other product managers to create prototypes and solutions for new product features, and with developers to take full advantage of these features as they are delivered. You will partner with software developers to scope, prioritize, implement, and rapidly deliver new product releases
- Understand customer needs and translate requirements into workflows, use cases and specifications. Understand client needs by periodically visiting customers
- Mange software product development life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Work with other product managers to support new product launches and use proven research methodologies and VOC to identify key opportunities for product development and improvements
- Develop and implement 1-5 year product roadmap aligned to business strategy
- Use data to drive decision making to scope and prioritize new requirements or defects/issues in the product based on business and customer impact
- Ensure the voice of the customer and overall target market requirements define new and enhanced products that solve customer challenges. Represent market requirements during the product development process to ensure the product meets customer driven product design specification
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan for all major software releases
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product
- Propose user interface prototypes, discuss usability aspects with experts. Perform or coordinate UI/UX activities
- Develop and execute product launch plans, in collaboration with other product managers and with global and regional marketing
- Develop and deliver product training programs for internal and external customers (Technical Support, Field Application Specialists, Direct Sales & Distributors, Order Desk, etc.)
- Help develop and deploy key market messages and communication strategies for the product line with Marketing support team
- Become subject matter expert in product markets and provide vision and leadership to technology R&D efforts
- Monitor and analyze new technologies and inform company of their potential applications to our business. Conduct and lead formal market analysis
- Document and/or review operators manual (functional)
- Develop OEM/development agreements with key partners
- Bachelor’s degree in genetics, molecular biology, immunology, or biochemistry
- 5 years of work experience in the an IVD lab environment or related field
- Basic knowledge of web development platforms, databases and infrastructure
- Experience working with multi-functional project teams and working cross-functionally
- Ability to function independently in fast paced changing environment with deadline and resource constraints
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience in HLA field
- One (1) year software product management experience
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working in regulated environment and knowledge of ISO 13485, QSR and Design control requirements
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.