Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Technical Sales Specialist (TSS), Protein Biology (Mid Atlantic Region) esponsible for sales and related support activities for Thermo Scientific Protein Biology products to specified academic, government or industrial accounts comprising the assigned territory. The territory covers: MD (Premier Customer NIH), DE, VA, and W VA).
- Plan, execute and drive sales to achieve assigned goals by proactively calling on existing and potential new customers via field visits, email and telephone
- Work closely with Life Science Solutions (LSG) Representatives and Distribution Representatives to develop account specific growth strategies, including account mapping and penetration
- Support the revenue goals of the Protein & Cell Analysis Business Unit in this highly technical position requiring in-depth knowledge of Protein Biology products and workflows
- Maintain appropriate records using CRM and process equipment demos, sample requests, and product quotes per company guidelines
- Gathers, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback
- Refer customer complaints/product quality problems to the appropriate functions as defined by SOP’s
- Provide weekly/monthly and other ad hoc reporting as required
- Participate in trade shows, vendor shows and related activities as deemed necessary
- Prepare and implement annual Territory Sales Plan and update as needed
- Work on special projects as requested
- Bachelors Degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry; advanced degree, preferred
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical accounts
- Demonstrated excellence in the following areas: Oral and written Communication, Selling, Negotiation, Interpersonal Skills
- Must have knowledge of key accounts in assigned territory
- Must have experience with protein chemistry, molecular biology, immunology, cell biology via prior work experience and education
- Ability to effectively network in and outside of the Company
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, walk and or stand up to 8 hours a day, and travel to meet with customers
- Organized, detail oriented, and results driven.
- Must be proficient in using MS office, and experience in using a contact information management system
- Overnight travel up to 25-35% of the time based upon territory
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance and acceptable driving record
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com