When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
You will be part at the intersection of the Bioinformatics R&D group and the Research Services group located in Santa Clara. We design a large number of custom microarrays and process a large volume of customer samples on a wide range of genomic technologies including whole genome and/or targeting genotyping, copy number variation and gene expression assays and are committed to provide the highest data quality and the best customer experience.
How will you make an impact?
You will manage an existing database at the core of the microarray design pipeline and contribute to the development of a data warehousing platform that will handle the data generated by the Services group.
What will you do?
- Maintain the multi-user system and data integrity of a the existing Axiom database (PostgreSQL)
- Design and maintain a database to handle both genotyping information and meta-data.
- Design and develop tools to enable teams to generate analytical reports quickly.
- Provide support to users as needed.
How you will get there?
- Minimum B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent with 2+ years’ experience
- 2+ years of experience in designing, installing, configuring and managing multi-user databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- Required: proficient in either Java, Python, C/C++, Perl or other object-oriented programming languages
- Desired: experience, knowledge, or interest in genetics, biology, or the biotech and biomedical industry
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent cross-discipline communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Preferred: Experience with Data Visualization
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com