When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for supporting the installation, uptime and repair of complex equipment and systems. This includes working with R&D Research & Development), Applications and OE (Operations Engineering) on new and existing product developments, development of advanced troubleshooting methods and leading product and process improvements.
Responsibilities and deliverables include but are not limited to:
- Provide superior support in the form of technical assistance (remote & onsite) to the regional service teams in your area of product specialization.
- Partner with the central GTS team and cross-functional departments to bring in the service related requirements and to sustain support through the life of the system.
- Influence and drive MTTR, MTBF
- Provide input and feedback on service tools, repair and installation work instructions
- Provide input and feedback on spares parts and associated work instructions
- Provide input and feedback on diagnostic and test procedures required for support of systems
- Provide feedback to product quality teams, analyze and initiate improvement projects on systems and subsystems as required.
- Gives primarily input or develops advanced troubleshooting documentation. Validates service advanced troubleshooting documentation and software.
- Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with FSE’s, Applications, other GTS groups, Development and Operations.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.