Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Remote / Field
- Has a consistent proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals and quotas.
- Identifies and interprets customers’ requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Applies the division’s products to customers’ needs.
- Influences preparation and presents technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Serves as the focal point of the division’s contact with customers, a responsibility requiring a broad knowledge of the division and an attitude that is in tune with its goals.
- Functions as a business person, aware of and responsible to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition – their products, pricing, procedures and personnel; of customers – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- Is responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them. Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition. Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
- Responsible for discount administration in assigned territory.
- Arranges presentation schedule with customer base.
- Manages controllable expense budget within assigned territory.
- Has ultimate responsibility for account management in assigned territory.
- BS Degree in Chemistry/Physical Sciences, or equivalent required.
- 7+ years sales experience selling capital equipment, preferably in the analytical instrument market.
- Working knowledge of HPLC, Ion Chromatography and Gas Chromatography instrument business.
- Fluency with personal computers is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills.
- Accurate forecasting ability.
- General Analytical Instrument product knowledge.
- Successfully manages subjective decision-making.
- In-depth understanding of the professional selling process.
- College degree or equivalent sales/business experience.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication.
- Effective time utilization.
- Flexibility and creativity.
- Accurate sales forecasting abilities.
- Effective interpersonal communicator.
- Effective “listener”.
- Customer focus.
- Positive image and mental outlook.
- Goal oriented.
- High level of integrity/credibility.
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism/suggestions.
- Open to positive change.
- Willingness to travel.
- Handles pressure/disappointment professionally.