Supervisor, Production (Manufacturing Systems Support)
Requisition ID: 64971BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
St. Louis, MO
How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Systems Support Supervisor is a working supervisor that helps to ensure the availability of proper equipment, materials and documentation while driving for continuous improvement within the Operations team through analysis and timely communication of trends and opportunities. Role may have varying levels of direct reports from 2-6. Schedule will typically be M-F, 7a-4p with occasional weekend and off-shift work as needed.
What will you do?
Operations Inventory Management
- Coordinate and oversee weekly physical inventory counts within the Operations teams and coordinate results with Supply Chain and Finance
- Manage investigations for inventory discrepancies. Coordinate findings with proper groups for timely corrections
- Act as a SME for SAP inventory transactions.
- Ensure training and proper tools required are readily available for personnel.Maintain & report KPIs for Inventory Management to site leadership
Master Batch Record Management
- Oversee the management and preparation of manufacturing batch records including record requests/pick-up, reconciliation, record preparation, label management, and sample tracking
- Develop the Production Master Batch records within the site’s SAP ERP environment in accordance with the site Master Production Schedule
- Oversee the management of the cadence of master production thaw for requests
- Oversee the management of Operations Process Orders.
Manufacturing Materials Management
- Oversee the management of coordination and facilitation activities with all Operation departments to ensure and track availability of raw materials, tangible needs and equipment resources for plant operations supporting clinical through commercial production
- Oversee the management of obtaining of raw materials through internal reservations
Operations Scheduling Management
- Oversee the management of the Operations Production master schedule.
- Oversee the management of the coordination of scheduling between Operations and supporting departments
- Oversee the management of the coordination between the Operations scheduler and Master Production scheduler. Ensure accuracy between schedules is completed.
- Maintain and report KPIs for Operations schedule adherence to site leadership
- Implement and execute special projects or site-wide initiatives
- Execute reports requested by senior management in a timely manner
- Assist in obtaining and reporting KPIs for Operations metrics
- Manage and oversee organization and execution of manufacturing sample management. Coordinate with QC Sample management personnel as required
- Execute & track investigations/CAPAs/Effectiveness checks to closure within TrackWise
- Ensure Operations Change Controls are executed and closed to meet deadlines
- Support batch record completion for disposition through facilitation of information and organization of the batch record inputs
- Assist with helping / escorting vendors
- Oversee temporary employees
How will you get here?
- Associate’s degree minimally required; Bachelor degree strongly preferred, preferably in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or similarly related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing and/or GMP environment required.
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred; experience as a project lead or group lead minimally required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- cGMP experience strongly preferred
- Clean room experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of processes and equipment
- PC skills (Microsoft Office)
- Able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Math skills
- SAP experience a plus
- Able to work in a rapidly changing climate - reacts well to change
- Adapts well to change, leads change
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while remaining focused
- Reliable, dependable, and organized
- Able to understand written or verbal instructions (in English) and execute accurately and independently
Physical Requirements -
- Some lifting required, pushing, pulling
- Occasional heavy lifting or moving required
- Capable of specific vision (color, close and peripheral)
- Good hearing
- Able to work with large degree of back ground noises
- Able to stand, walk, reach with hands/arms, stoop, kneel, crouch for most of the day
- Able to gown, wear PPE, and work successfully in a clean room environment.
- Indoor work space that leaves no visual of outside areas
- Hot or wet surfaces present
- Able to work in cold rooms
- Flexible work hours
- Able to work rotating, flex or fixed schedule.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.