The Tax Analyst is responsible for various aspects of the non-income tax functions including sales/use, GST, property, real estate, unclaimed property and business licenses for select companies.
- Prepare, analyze and scrub the sales and use data for submission to third party service providers and filing of any direct returns necessary.
- Manage and prepare property/real estate tax returns and work papers necessary to adequately document claimed positions.
- Prepare the unclaimed property, annual reports and business license returns and ensure the company is in full compliance with all relevant tax laws.
- Monitor the tax compliance calendar to ensure that all returns and other indirect tax filings are submitted timely.
- Assist in management and informational gathering for non-income tax audits.
- Assist with audit management, working with the auditors to explain the company’s position and minimize audit assessments and liabilities.
- Evaluate audit results and recommend appropriate changes to limit impact on current and future spend.
- Review, analyze and prepare account reconciliations
- Assist in management of the company’s Vertex Tax calculation software for various legal entities
- Review of A/P Invoices for use tax determinations and be able to provide tax and technical advice to customers as necessary.
- BS/BA degree
- 5 years Non-Income tax experience (US and Canada including sales and use, property tax, abandoned property, real estate and business licenses)
- Experience with SAP, Excel and Vertex
- Strong communication and analytical skills