Position Summary: The Lead AR Representative plays an important role in our accounting department by ensuring the timely collections of payments from our customers. This position is responsible for chasing customer payments, managing the processing of cash receipts, AR reporting, and other various responsibilities as needed.
Develop a strong working knowledge of our invoicing system as well as customer systems and behaviors. Interface with the Sales team and IT teams to resolve customer issues around pricing, short payments, invalid PO numbers, billing method problems, etc. as well as support the sales team efforts. Willingness to cross train and perform duties outside of your normal scope if needed; perform at levels that achieve or exceed monthly goals. Ability to communicate with various levels of personnel at the customer location as well as within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Chasing customers by phone and email/letter for outstanding invoice payment;
- Research and utilize reports to identify needed clearings.
- Research and reconcile unallocated cash.
- Help update procedural manuals and train associates on departmental processes and procedures.
- Manage Top Corporate/Strategic, Medium tier accounts.
- Provide guidance to Collectors and Sr. Collectors towards issue resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business field preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills that allow effective communication via phone and email; professional and customer focused manner with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize while paying great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Critical thinking, analytical and negotiating skills
- Ability to multi-task and respond to change in a fast paced environment
- Collection, customer service or finance background and analytical skills necessary to reconcile Corporate/Medium customer accounts with complexity
- Minimum of 2 year of related accounting/finance experience
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- At least 3-4+ years of experience of accounts receivables (at least 2-3 years of experience as a Collector in shared services is preferred)
- Proficiency in Excel experience (macros is a plus)
- Oracle/Mainframe experience preferred
- Proficient written and verbal skills to enable effective communication with all levels of management
- English advanced
- Computer System knowledge
Residence Card will be required in case you are not a Costa Rica citizen