Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking to recruit an experienced Team Leader to lead the Singapore sales team. The individual will be responsible for the overall Genetic Science Division (GSD) and Clinical Science Division (CSD) revenue in Singapore.
Ideally, the individual must have in-depth knowledge of the Singapore life sciences market. S/he must have a proven track record in delivering and/or overachieving target revenue. Most importantly, s/he will play a pivotal role in charting out and implementing the strategy to accelerate revenue and profitable growth in the Singapore. Technical knowledge and prior selling experience with qPCR, microarray, Sanger sequencing and Next-generation sequencing will be helpful.
- Drive and meet revenue target given
- Develop and implement a go-to-market strategy for the GSD/CSD portfolio.
- Working with other divisions to drive incremental growth through value proposition and workflow selling solutions.
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities for growth, and to drive business development opportunities for emerging technologies or new market segments.
- Provide accurate forecast and pipeline management, utilization of customer relationship management (CRM) tools and marketing leads.
- Ensure a financially sound operation with solid corporate governance and compliance.
- Monitor market intelligence including competition; macro-economics and the regulatory environment.
- Serve as a Role Model Leader, demonstrating our 4I Values (Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation).
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A minimum of 5 year experience ideally in the Life Sciences industry, in sales / marketing / general management, in Singapore.
- Demonstrated capability to develop sales strategy and translate strategy into a tactical plan that achieves and drives top line growth.
- Proven track record of driving commercial excellence and success in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a complex matrix environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build trusting relationships as well as influence employees at all levels.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Strategic and growth mind-set
- An ability to work in a highly matrix environment, comfortable with ambiguity and conflicting goals
- Hands on leadership, adept at team-building and experienced in change management.
- A team player, with a positive attitude, and commitment to the development of his/her people.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills; Business planning and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen
- A collaborative, result-oriented individual.