Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
As the global headquarters for the MBD division, the Basingstoke site is houses a large manufacturing base, scientific laboratories, as well as the corporate functions. The Basingstoke site makes a range of products under the Oxoid brand. Our products can to help ensure patients are on the most appropriate treatment plan and are intended to be used in markets including the medical, pharmaceutical and veterinary arenas.
Products include culture media and anti-microbial susceptibility tests (AST). Our culture media is used to grow a particular bacteria or contamination samples on and our ASTs can then be used by professionals to diagnose the best antibiotics for the sample. Samples could contain a particular bacteria such as e-coli, MRSA, or e-tubercolosis.
The Procurement team are responsible for the operational purchasing of raw materials and supplies to support operations and manufacturing. The team is led by the Site Sourcing Leader and has 4 Buyers, who each manage a supplier portfolio.
- You will be responsible for the order management of a raw material/bought-in product range, which include order processing to supplier according to forecast, lead time and minimum order quantity agreed with supplier.
- You will update and maintain the purchasing master data in SAP to optimise the ordering process
- You will lead sourcing saving project on your supplier portfolio and lead supplier negotiations to meet annual targets;
- Working with key suppliers, you will also review and implement the most appropriate supply chain to simplify some of the complex ordering process;
- You will monitor supplier quality and delivery performance, and implementing root cause counter measure/action plan to maintain our targeted service level;
- You will periodically run supplier business reviews and feedback on the performance and pricing;
- Overseeing stock management, you will implement improvement programmes where needed to support the site inventory target and provide monthly end of year forecasts.
- You will also take the lead on improving internal processes issue which could involve strong stakeholders in order to improve our customer satisfaction;
- You will manage all related compliance and required documentation, such as import documents and certificate of analysis storage, as well as dealing with invoicing and other administrative discrepancies;
- You will communicate updates to internal stakeholders around any raw material shortages or quality issues, and escalate where appropriate;
- You will monitor, investigate and solve quality complain when supplier material is concerned.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator, you are able to manage relationships with strong stakeholders effectively;
- You are a proactive individual with excellent problem solving skills and a focus on solutions;
- You are highly numerate and able to analysis data effectively;
- You have solid knowledge of procurement and supply chain;
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Contact Elena Lambrianides directly if you have any questions- firstname.lastname@example.org