About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- General assembly of ThermoFisher products. This includes processing work orders to build kits, label products, print and fold instruction booklets, and assist other Packaging Associates with completing work orders.
- Set up and operate packaging and labeling equipment
- Process label work orders for manufacturing departments, travelers, and any other documents that require printing
- Print out Batch Record Sheets, if applicable Print labels using the approved label software Create and print spec sheets and CofA’s. Get the appropriate approvals before printing
- Process jobs utilizing less complex equipment – pipetters, shrink wrapping, automated labelers, etc.
- Complete required paperwork related to Packaging/ Labeling - Batch Record Sheets, Engineering Change Notices, deviations, Traveler, Antibody Template, label documents, Bill of Materials audits etc.
- Develop and understand material process flow. This includes knowledge of Raw Material, staging, Work In Process, paperwork, storage areas, general production steps.
- Process jobs independently or in a team
- Conduct in-process quality control inspection of finished goods
- Perform calibration and preventative maintenance of packaging equipment
- Cross train in different work cells within the Packaging Department.
- The associate may be asked to undertake a Packaging/ Labeling Technician II skill set, which enables their upward mobility
- High school diploma or GED required
- A minimum of 4 months experience in a biochemical/pharmaceutical packaging environment, preferred.
- Individual should be able to handle working in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work within a team towards common goals
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a variety of environments
- Must be able to work within a controlled environment (clean room, etc)
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Basic PC skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask – organize/process several jobs at once
- Drive towards continual personal and departmental improvement
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment when required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand/walk
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds