Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
As part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your contribution will have real-world impact, and you will be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Sr. Staff Software Engineer role requires technical expertise and the execution of Agile development methodologies to deliver innovative solutions for rapidly-evolving markets.
- Collaborate with research team for contract project
- Participate in high-level architectural design sessions associated with
- Review computer system capabilities, workflows, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system
- Lead work on projects that may involve interfaces across diverse hardware platforms, with multiple programming languages, development tools or data access tools
- Analyze current operational procedures and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Comply with company s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; OR equivalent work experience acceptable
- 7 years of experience with C# and/or Java
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience and a lead a team
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong user experience (UX) background
- Experience with multi-threaded architectures
- Familiarity with Microsoft .NET Framework, specifically XAML, LINQ, Generic, Threading and Immutable system libraries
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.