Job Title: Systems Design Engineer
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design Manager for the product optimization engineering projects
- Work effectively with global cross-functional teams to analyse and resolve field failures on product
- Provide technical guidance to the team to develop Project Plan, Risk assessment and verification plan to evaluate the products overall performance, reliability and safety
- Review project progress and technical evaluations time to time and drive projects to completion
- Owns teams project metrics and quality of deliverables
- Strong time management & stakeholder management skills and takes ownership to resolve issues and drive closure
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or chemical engineering or PG in plastics
- 10+ years overall experience with minimum 3 years of water purification design & development
- Proven working experience in design engineering, specifically in the design and development of Ultrapure water purification systems
- Solid understanding of water purification systems, plastics & chemicals
- Solid understanding of technical risk assessment and mitigation plan development
- Working experience with global engineering teams and remote engineering
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills & ability to inspire team and lead high performance team
- Familiarity with engineering design tools like solid works & EPDM
- Familiarity with reliability engineering and design for Six sigma
- Knowledge on Safety regulatory requirements for laboratory equipment
- Willing to travel abroad based on project need
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.