Requisition ID: 65715BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
This role will apply Project Management expertise within the biopharmaceutical industry to successfully deliver project outcomes while managing customer expectations. Candidate will be capable of managing multiple projects, timelines, clients and in-house scientific subject matter experts. Responsibilities include client relationship management throughout the lifecycle of a project and alignment with Finance to keep project milestones and revenue recognition on-schedule. Must maintain a high level of expertise in the field of project management and within the biopharma industry through review of current scientific, professional and business literature, and attendance and participation in professional educational opportunities.
What will you do?
- Create and manage timeline and budget for multiple client projects
- Write contracts in support of Business Development activities
- Serve as primary point of contact/communication for client projects
- Responsible for internal communication to drive achievement of project milestones and deliverables
- Maintain reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor Degree in Life Sciences minimally required.
- Certification in Project Management (PMP) preferred.
- 5-7 years in Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing/Development with at least 2 years of experience managing projects within the Manufacturing/Development function.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management body of knowledge including timeline management, communication plans, risk plans, action item trackers, and project plans.
- Experience using MS Project or equivalent as a tool to create timelines and monitor project progress.
- Track record of working well in cross-functional environments
- Exceptional presentation and written/verbal communication skills with demonstrated success.
- Proven success with negotiations and conflict resolution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- understanding of regulatory requirements
- recognizes and recommends operational improvements
- good technical skills
- understanding ‘why’ and not just the ‘how’ of processes and practices
- MS Office
- strong prioritization skills
- detail oriented
- results driven
- exceptional communication (written and verbal)
- effectively multi-task
- able to work in an environment of change
- able to work independently and as part of a team
- able to recognize problems developing, not just occurring
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.