Job Title: Senior Software Development Engineer
Requisition ID: 66995BR
Location: Onsite in Oakwood Village, OH
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Field and Safety Instruments (FSI), a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the leader in field based scientific instrumentation and radiation detection equipment. Our products are used by the military, law enforcement, pharmaceutical manufacturing and industrial clients in metal fabrication, mining exploration and consumer product safety.
- Development and support of device software and companion computer applications for our scientific modules.
- Develop software applications using C# on Windows platform
- Unit and system integration testing, including start-up, troubleshooting, and issue resolution.
- Interface effectively and collaboratively with global R&D team.
- Involvement in requirements management, specification creation and design reviews.
- Accountable for project deliverables, including product quality, and schedule integrity.
- Requires a BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience and 7 years’ experience developing on Windows, writing Windows applications, including writing specifications, code generation, test, debugging and delivery.
- Strong experience with C#, WPF, WinForms and ASP.NET on Windows.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Ability to debug and isolate software issues
- Design pattern and multi-thread experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Experienced in software development for analytical instrumentation or similar market.
- Experience working with Windows and Linux
- Experience developing applications using Entity Framework and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working with C++.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- No non-compete agreements precluding the candidate from fulfilling the position requirements.
- This position may require occasional travel to other R&D, customer, and partner sites worldwide (20%).
- Existing (or ability to acquire) permission to enter U.S. government facilities, such as DOE.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.