Job ID :
US - South Carolina - Greenville
EHS Intern Job Description
Minimum Requirements & Preferred Qualifications
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior working towards a degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Occupational Health and Safety.
Key Responsibilities & Competencies
- Assist in the development and implementation of the site’s policies, procedures, training and programs to achieve and maintain compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Maintain EHS data and the development of adequate databases to improve management of records.
- Work with Site EHS staff to prepare and submit requests for environmental permits relating to air quality, solid wastes, water quality and transportation of hazardous materials and waste.
- Assist in maintaining environmental and health/safety records.
- Develop working knowledge of federal and state environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Interact with EHS staff on various projects and initiatives.
- Conduct job Safety and PPE assessments.
- Support Industrial Hygiene monitoring as needed.
- Conducting routine inspections for Environmental Programs (Waste Water, Hazardous Waste, and SPCC).
- Develop safety messages which will be incorporated into the weekly Safety Meetings.
- Conducting EHS surveillances as needed.
- Assisting in causal analysis for injuries.
- Analyzing injury and illness data to discern trends and assisting in the development of a focused safety campaign.
- Providing administrative support for EHS training & Contractor Safety training.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by management.