Job Title: Associate Director, Core Strategic Accounts - BioProduction
Req ID: 66829BR
Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG)
Division/Business Unit: BioProduction Division (BPD) / BPD Commercial
Associate Director, Core Strategic Accounts - BioProduction (BPD)
The Associate Director, Core Strategic Accounts - BioProduction is part of the commercial organization supporting the BioProduction Division portfolio which provides biotechnology and biopharmaceutical customers with integrated solutions across the entire bioproduction workflow. Our technologies include: Cell Culture; Cellular Medicine; Chromatography; Pharma Analytics; and Single Use Technologies.
This position leads the global corporate relationships with BioProduction (BPD) Core strategic customers and partners and reports to the Global Director of Sales, BioProduction Core Accounts. Remotely based, preferably in Northeast or MidAtlantic US but any major market is acceptable.
How will you make an impact?
- Maintain and develop global strategic relationships, enhancing corporate relationships and business with prioritized clients.
- Coordinate division-wide resources to provide comprehensive solutions, based on the entire product and services portfolio across all BPD and regions.
- Ensure alignment of strategy and collaboration between the customer and BPD in order to build effective alliances, based around a multi-year plan to increase business and value delivered.
What will you do?
- Lead in a matrix structure, coordinating current teams that deal on the field with customers. Lead thru dotted lines 10-15 customer facing Account Managers from our various divisions (Core, OEM, BioProduction, Service) within a multi-cultural environment.
- Negotiate with knowledge and capacity in dealing with highly complex relationships with clients (which could be at the same time customer / partners / competitors / suppliers) within a multi-cultural context.
- Understand the life sciences/BPD industry and market trends, as well as readily assimilate technical knowledge and translate into business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences required. Advanced scientific degree and an MBA preferred.
- 3+ years' experience with strategic account management for large and complex accounts.
- 3+ years' experience and proven ability to negotiate contracts including global multiyear agreements for all BPD business segments. Knowledge of professional processes in place at BPD support departments (B2B, Pricing, Finance, Customer Care, Quality, Supply Chain).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com