Job Title: System Analyst I-Salesforce Administrator
Job Location: Bangalore
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
About Team: The Enterprise Technology & Operations (ETO) team partners with the business and other IT groups to define, manage, test, validate and deliver the strategic direction and operational performance of Enterprise Applications and Systems for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Our enterprise applications manage business critical activities like order taking and fulfillment, manufacturing, managing new product development and launch, sales and customer management, data and document management, and business insights.
Role & Responsibilities
Key aspects of the role:
- Work with business analysts and users to understand business processes and requirements.
- Responsible for the SFDC configurations needed to deliver the desired solution.
- Document solution approaches for sfdc developers to develop or enhance custom objects, Visual Force pages, APEX classes, triggers and services, reports, dashboards, and workflows.
- Perform administration of the Salesforce.com instance: user administration, manage fields/relationships, workflow rules, approval processes, page layouts, security, validation rules, email notifications, custom buttons/links, etc.
- Understand, maintain, and enhance business processes that are implemented in Salesforce.com.
- Work on ongoing support requests and administrative needs of users.
- Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity.
- Perform data loads and data fix tasks.
- Ensure data security is enforced by the use of roles, profiles, and sharing rules.
- Prepare documentation as needed including functional specifications and test scripts.
- Perform unit testing and fix any defects in admin configurations. Support the user acceptance test activities.
- Configure working prototypes in a development sandbox if required, and validate and refine prototypes.
- Create Change Sets and deploy from the development sandbox to the fulldata sandbox.
- Clearly communicate task status to key stakeholders.
- Leverage comprehensive understanding of salesforce.com products and platform to recommend solutions and enhancements that would address business needs.
- Help in documenting business processes in sfdc.
- Work with management to identify new and creative opportunities to leverage the data to support additional business processes or functions.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and detail orientation with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Salesforce.com Administrator certification. Advanced Administrator certification preferred. Platform Developer certification is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of overall IT or programming experience, with at least 4 years of direct experience in Salesforce.com administration work.
- Ability to work in a team, to understand business requirements and convert them into a functional design, and to collaborate with business analysts and users to define solutions.
- Ability to understand Apex and Visualforce page. Programming experience on the sfdc platform and experience with integrations with sfdc are pluses.
- Salesforce.com administration skills (including permissions, roles, profiles, queues, views, and page layouts).
- Exposure to the SFDC data model, data architecture, and data management.
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the salesforce.com platform coupled with a good understanding of common business processes. Must be a confident self-starter individual who can completely own the delivery of high value work products.
- Experience in migrating change sets and addressing post deployment issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, users, and senior management.
- Planning and analytical skills as well as the ability to communicate ideas and plans verbally and in writing.
- Understanding of key SFDC architectural concepts (e.g. API, governor limits, and test coverage) and how they influence design.
- Strong problem solving skills with a willingness and ability to learn new software features.
- Nice-to-have skill: Exposure to some or all of the following: SOAP integrations, Lightning components, Salesforce mobile platform, XML, SQL.
- Have a customer focused mindset, open to ideas, innovative approaches and getting the job done is absolutely essential.
- Open to work in a partial shift system to facilitate interaction with EMEA, North American customers and project team members
- Guide and help the CRM team with data Issues and suggest resolutions. Able to work individually with cross functional teams for resolution of the support Issues.
Education & Experience levels: • BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field.
Experience Level: – 3 to 4 years in Salesforce Administrator ,.
Nature of experience: Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Support.
Knowledge Required: Salesforce.com administration
Skills: Salesforce.com administration skills (including permissions, roles, profiles, queues, views, and page layouts).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.