The Field Service Engineer is responsible for performing the on-site installation, servicing and repair of complex equipment and systems. Investigates and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Conducts on-site installations of the full range of Thermo Scientific Microscopy systems and their associated options. The Field Service Engineer reports to the Service Manager of his region.
Responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Conduct on-site installation of complex equipment & follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order
- Conduct on-site scheduled planned maintenance visits
- Provide troubleshooting & repair support for customers and other field service personnel
- Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users and company personnel
- Provide training for customers and users on system maintenance
- Provide feedback to product quality teams
- Complete and submit field service reports
- Provide appropriate input in writing updating and correcting various FEI system documentation
- Provide input for various reports including identifying and isolating unique problems with systems
- Act as a subject expert and resource for training
- This position is ideal for an experienced service engineer wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
- The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a Bachelor or University degree or equivalent experience in electronic or mechanical system troubleshooting
- Typically requires hands on technical experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating complex analysis tools such as SEM, TEM, FIB or similar systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing ultra-high vacuum and high voltage systems is highly desired.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to troubleshooting complex systems and subsystems down to component level
- Literate in Windows software environments
- Able to read and interpret schematics drawings
- Ideal a candidate would be based in Northern Ireland
We offer you the unique opportunity to work in a multinational with many chances to develop yourself. Within the job of Field Service Engineer, we offer an extensive and professional training program within in an open company culture and a competitive salary. Thermo Fisher Scientific welcomes you to an innovative environment with great opportunities to explore.