Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22B and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Analytical Instruments Group - Materials & Structural Analysis Division
Our Thermo Scientific brand in the analytical instruments group offers customers in research, academic, industrial and applied markets a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software and services. In the materials and structural analysis division we design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, FTIR, NIR, NMR UV/VIS and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets. Our laboratory elemental analyzers use x-ray fluoresce (XRD), x-ray diffraction (XRD), and arc spark optical emission (EOS) techniques for precise analysis of bulk materials in the metals, cement, minerals and petrochemicals industries. Our material characterization instruments include rheometers and extruders that measure viscosity, elasticity, process ability and temperature related material changes of various materials. We also provide a range of elemental analysis instruments used in product development. Our worldwide team of 4,600 employees is dedicated to customers’ pursuit accelerating innovation and driving productivity.
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Corporate organization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
Inside the TEM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
How to make a microscope: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
The installation of a TEM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
The IT Analyst will support local end-users and provide services to other locations within the region – remote and on-site. S/he will install, configure, administer and support local PC and Server hardware (incl. peripherals) and applications in a Windows and ESX environment. The person will also provide consistent levels of service through SLAs and effective IT support for site business activities.
- Provide end-user support (2nd / 3rd level) and system availability within predefined timeframes
- Improve end-user experience
- Identify and assist in (process) improvement opportunities (leverage Office 365)
- Protect data & system security and data privacy
- Assist with IT projects and roll-outs
- Work in global IT teams and on specific IT subject areas (regional EU, international)
- Update IT management up to date on progress at supported site(s)
- Escalate problems as necessary
- Provide agreed IT services for one or more site(s)
- Monitor and track work orders for meeting SLA, due dates, and other priorities in order to meet customer needs
- Participate in quality improvement tools to resolve up common user requests / issues
- Assist with any infrastructure changes to improve performance, reduce cost, or increase functionality
- Participate in site compliance regarding IT directives, policies and initiatives
- Assist the local business leaders with coordinating business and IT support activities
- Keep track of IT inventory (Hardware, Software Licenses) and validation status
- Maintain IT related documentation
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or comparable
- Good knowledge of Windows OS and PC/Server hardware
- Skills and experience with Microsoft Office 365 product family; ability to help showcase Office 365 features & capabilities
- Ability to support with remote tools, antivirus & backup programs, hardware imaging, etc.
- Constant learning attitude to keep broad IT knowledge up to date
- Customer focused attitude
- Good written and verbal communications skills
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: (Bullet 3-5 key quantifiable skills or position requirements that the candidate must have to be considered for this position.)
- Experience in system engineering, integration or comparable (MCSA, MCITP, …)
- Excellent local language and good English language skills (in speaking & writing)
- 3 years experience preferably in mid to large sized companies
- Driving License (class B)