Job Title: Buyer/Planner
Requisition ID: 67204BR
Location: Madison, WI
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan/Schedule customer orders and communicate commitment dates to meet customer expectations
- Procure material using the SAP ERP system to satisfy the production plan for the specific manufacturing cell
- Interface with the Master Scheduler to create the manufacturing cell build and materials plan
- Daily Interface with production team to satisfy the production plan
- Implement and maintain Kanban pull systems for internal and external parts
- Optimize inventory levels without creating production shortage
- Support Sourcing Leaders by managing day-to-day interaction with suppliers for corrective actions, expedite requests, sourcing savings, and rejected material
- Develop automated processes to increase productivity in the position
- Maintain standard work procedures over Buyer/Planner activities
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- BS in Supply Chain or related to manufacturing environment
- 2-4 years of Planning or Buying experience preferred
- Experience with SAP and MRP systems preferred
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment preferred
- APICS or related professional certification is a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.