When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Division Specific Information:
Our Genetic Sciences business is at the forefront of innovation for genetic analysis research and clinical applications. The Product Manager will take ownership of key initiatives for products in our market-leading Gene Expression business, with a focus on Gene Expression microarrays and software. The Product Manager will be responsible for driving product strategy, product definition, positioning, and product lifecycle management. Our Product Managers act as mini General Managers for their portfolio by collaborating with all business functions to ensure their products meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
What will you do?
- Works directly with customers and industry thought leaders to understand the existing and future technology needs of the marketplace.
- Develops multi-year product strategies and guides fiscal planning for future positioning, growth, and customer-driven evolution of product platforms.
- The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with other members of the product management, marketing and applications R&D team on projects that span different Gene Expression and Genetic Analysis technologies (qPCR, microarray, NGS and others)
- Analyzing market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy, and identifying opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation.
- Building relationships and guiding teams which include representatives from multiple functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Marketing, Program Management, Manufacturing, Operations and Legal.
- Supporting engagement with key customers and core lab facilities; assisting with creation of proposals to drive growth and retention of key customers
- Lead New Product Introductions (NPIs) and improvements to the product line
- Supporting customer and field sales inquiries, including pricing requests for custom opportunities.
- Identifying gaps in current product infrastructure and work with relevant teams to provide accurate product content/information.
- Working effectively across different geographies and time zones
Nature and Scope:
This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach. Strong business and customer focus are essential. Effectiveness in this role requires the ability to clearly communicate product development and marketing plans. The Product Manager must exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, and is able to synthesize a decisive path forward based on all available information. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and conduct presentations of technical information.
**Up to 25% Travel (international and domestic) is required.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in science, marketing or business management.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Product Management or Marketing required
- Experience with life science analytical platforms comprising instrument, software and consumables
- Experience with financial modeling and data analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results.
- Proven project management and organizational skills. Strong ability to prioritize effectively.
- Exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills with the ability to gain consensus and facilitate decision making within a matrix environment
- Track record of presenting high-level information to multiple audiences, including scientists, executives and non-scientific personnel.
- Masters or Ph.D in life sciences or MBA strongly preferred
- Experience with microarray, qPCR, and/or Genetic Analysis software products
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com