Provide global financial and data analytics support for the Thermo Fisher Scientific Global Business Services departments. Utilize Business Intelligence acumen and act as a liaison between Global Business Service functions, IT and finance teams. The financial analyst will lead report requirements gathering with key stakeholders within GBS. This role is ideal for an individual seeking to provide impactful intelligence to support strategic decisions at the executive level.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross-functionally with all GBS Departments: Sourcing (Direct & Indirect), Real Estate, PPI, HR Shared Services, Strategic Pricing, Aviation, Building, Strategic Operations and Shared Services to provide insightful data analytics that leads to actionable insights that accelerate productivity
- Work closely with consolidations team reviewing month end close process, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and post close reporting. Assist in development of a quarterly business review package to be utilized for upward communications
- Reach across Thermo Fisher Scientific Groups, divisions & shared service centers to acquire and influence data / results aligned with overall company, GBS, and business goals
- Develop well-organized, insightful data points, reports, dashboards, and other forms of data visualizations to support strategic business decisions
- Consult with internal business users / stakeholders to perform analysis on business / functional performance and trends
- Gather data from multiple sources to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
How you’ll get there:
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Quantitative Social Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, etc. MBA, or MS preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a Financial Management, Data Analytics, or Quantitative role
- Experience in the areas of financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and accounting knowledge through professional and/or educational background.
- Systems experience with Excel (pivot tables, VBA Macros); experience utilizing tools such as SQL, MS Flow, Power Apps, Power BI, Tableau or similar
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills, along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Knowledge in Reporting & KPI Generation.
- Knowledge in Lean Six Sigma methodology (DMAIC Strategy).
- Robotics Process Automation experience (RPA)
- Travel: 10-20%
- This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.