Provide global financial support for the Thermo Fisher Scientific Global Business Services departments with emphasis on Productivity & Expense Analysis, Budgeting, Sourcing, Shared Services
- Work cross-functionally with all GBS Departments: Sourcing (Direct & Indirect), Real Estate, PPI, HR Shared Services, Strategic Pricing, Aviation, Building, and Strategic Operations to plan, forecast and report costs.
- Work closely with consolidations team reviewing month end close process, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and post close reporting.
- Complete census reporting for all GBS Departments, including data corrections as necessary
- Work closely with GBS procurement and PPI Leadership teams to assure targets are being obtained and project pipelines are filled. Develop effective reporting as assigned
- Interact with GBS shared services finance team on project tracking / governance / productivity
- Provide decision support to Sourcing groups through routine actionable reports and as needed ad-hoc analysis.
- Assist GBS finance team in developing productivity and leakage guidance to the Operations Leadership Council (OLC) including respective analysis
- Take high level direction and work independently to drive execution of department goals.
- Provide general finance support to the GBS team as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in the areas of financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and accounting knowledge through professional and/or educational background.
- Exhibit initiative and the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- The ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, and develop well defined analysis and presentations.
- Proven leadership qualities and the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers.
- It is required that the candidate has the ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- Ability to identify and champion productivity improvements through Practical Process Improvement (PPI).
- The ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, demonstrate a desire to advance and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint are required; additional skills with Data Warehouse, Oracle, MS Access, HFM, and COGNOS are a plus.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills.
- 2+ years of Financial Management experience.
- Advanced Qualification Preferred is a plus (CPA, MBA, or MS).
- Travel: Minimal requirement, typically 3-5 times per year.