Manager Business Development KAUST
Location: Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
This position is ideal for an experienced Sales and/or Business Development professional, with scientific distinction, wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of our industrial application areas. Develops strategies to grow Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Materials and Structural Analysis (MSA, formerly FEI) business, making use of the collaboration agreement with KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology). Provides technical expertise and is seen as highly knowledgeable on relevant products for the business. This position reports into the Director Sales.
- Act as a liaison between MSA and KAUST to maintain and strengthen a tight partnership
- Identify new business opportunities for MSA based on scientific requirements at KAUST
- Explore collaboration opportunities between MSA and KAUST
- Ensure that KAUST is aware of the latest technology developments in MSA
- Ensure that MSA is up to date on the scientific requirements at KAUST
- Drive an annual calendar for the operational- and strategic board meetings
- Monitor the progress of the collaboration projects and provide project updates to management
- Oversee the life cycles of the tools installed at KAUST and work with MSA Sales team to develop technical / commercial proposals to upgrade or replace these tools for KAUST to stay at the scientific forefront
- Develop and maintain relationships with KAUST Industrial Partners to explore new business opportunities
- Work with MSA Service team to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction at KAUST
- Initiate and schedule product seminars, workshops and demonstrations at KAUST
- Act as MSA host for meetings, marketing events and product demonstrations at KAUST
- Provide regular feedback/assessment of market requirements.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific discipline. An advanced degree or MBA is desirable. Knowledge of Electron Microscopy would be a plus.
- Minimum ten years Business Development or Key Account Management experience within a global high-tech manufacturer.
- Well-rounded individual with an outgoing personality and a strong work ethic. Self-starter with a strong desire to be successful.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and an ability to interact effectively at operational- and strategic levels.
- A broad interest for science in combination with business development and project management skills
- Demonstrated networking capabilities and the ability to develop strong customer relationships.
- Presentation skills and experience creating materials for presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Expected travel up to 30%
- This position is open for Saudi Nationals only
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join