Job Title: Marketing Manager Iberia
Reports To: Iberia Country Manager
Group/Division: SDG / IDD Career
Location: Barcelona – Spain
No. of Direct Reports: 5
1. Innovation: Think, propose and act with a constant mindset of profitable growth of the Group.
2. Implication: Be aligned with Management, trustworthy, deliver timely, be an example.
3. Intensity: Share passion for the Company and its products with colleagues, in order to dynamise, motivate and develop them. Be personally invested close to the people.
4. Integrity: Run the job with a constant care for confidentiality, internally and externally.Position Summary:
- Strategic vision
- Develop marketing plan, including operational activities, in line with Global Marketing Strategy and New product launches.
- Strong business knowledge and commercial acumen with a clear ability to build key benefit driven solutions for market / customers
- In close collaboration with Sales Managers, ensure execution of activities in support of local sales cycles
- Establish KPIs (leading and lagging indicators), monitor and report progress on a monthly or quarterly basis to ensure positive ROI on marketing investments.
- Build and leverage the IDD Brand by spending 20% of time facing customers; specifically KOL and patient organization management, in order to drive sustained clinical adoption of Dx.
- Responsible for development and/or execution of any partnering models; co-promotion/marketing/studies to drive market share uptake and total market growth.
- Prepares training on key messages and deploys to Sales Force in close collaboration with Sales Managers. Responsible for monthly reporting of the marketing activities into the MPRs.
- Responsible for operational product and customer plans (Marketing Plan):
- In collaboration with Business Analyst and in alignment with European segmentation, targeting and pricing strategy; define potential new customer(s) segments and targeting tactics to capture high potential accounts.
- Manage Franchise Managers and actively make necessary priorities and allocations of resources to ensure the AOP commitment.
- Identify synergies and leverage success stories, within Cluster and beyond.
- Liaison with Global Product Managers to ensure up to date product information and support.
- Responsible for communicating competitive information to the European Leadership Team in the monthly MPRs. Develop product forecasts for New Product Introductions and advise on opportunities to grow.
- Responsible for alignment with European price strategy and for seeking local reimbursement for new tests. Manages sourcing of and relations with local external vendors who support execution of marketing activities.
- Manages Franchise Managers in alignment with PMD process.
- College/University degree and Master of Science in Marketing or MBA.
- Minimum 5-7 years work experience within the health care industry of which preferably at least three years of budget responsibility as product manager, marketing manager or equivalent with proven experience in strategic planning or equivalent.
- 3-5 years' proven experience of working with existing and/or new customer groups (doctors, patient)
- Professional background in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy or other Life Sciences.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across all levels, functions and regions / countries.
- Demonstrate continuous learning eagerness.
- Demonstrate pro-activeness skills.
- Demonstrate continuous willing to spread knowledge within the team.
- Demonstrate excellent inter-personal, self-motivational and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- PC skills
- Fluency in Spanish and English language, knowledge of Portuguese is desirable
- Driving License
- Willingness to travel mainly within Iberia but frequently as well through Europe/European Territory.
- For training or special calls, international traveling including all EMEA Territory and the US is required.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels essential
- Knowledge as well as Life Sciences Biology
- Organized with ability to prioritize work load and work under pressure
- Market /Customer/Sales focused
- Good English skills, both verbal and written
- You may be required to travel up to 80% of your working time over any one year period
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join