Job Title: Account Manager TEA/ TIA( Trace Elemental Analysis and Discrete Industry Analysers )
Requisition ID: 47498BR
Location: Central territory; West Midlands, East Anglia,
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
As Account Manager TEA Trace Element Analysis / DIA Discreet Industrial Analysis Account. You will ensure delivery of targets by selling a range of selling chromatography instruments to both the private and public sectors within the defined geographical area of the United Kingdom. This position services the Central territory which encompasses the following areas; West Midlands, East Anglia, South Wales. Interface with all members of sales, support and service groups within the Trace Elemental Analysis & Discrete Industry Analysers business in addition to support cross-selling activities with other CMD sales & Thermo Fisher divisions.
• Responsible for identifying prospective buyers of Thermo Scientific Chromatography products and services within the defined geographical region. This activity will require a high level of business development seeking out new accounts within your defined territory as well as servicing of existing accounts.
• Expands market share for Thermo Fisher Scientific instruments in the region, with a focus on AA, ICP-OES, ICPMS, AquaChem and Gallery.
• To negotiate contracts and close orders with end users and purchasing departments and supports all procurement processes.
• Maintain and regularly enter accurate and complete customer data and sales project information into the company sales database (SFDC).
• Provide accurate timely monthly sales forecasts to sales management
• Be able to clearly identify and interpret customer’s requirements, shape and align their requirements to Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities and apply Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions to the customer’s needs and effectively communicate these to customers.
• Exchange Account Information and Sales Leads within and across Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial divisions
• Attend and support through technical and business presentations, when required, UK trade shows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events.
• When required, assist in the yearly planning of the future financial performance of the Company by providing insight into the prospects for growth in your own territory.
• Consistently achieve or exceed order bookings objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
Education and Experience
• Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline preferably Chemistry
• Relevant experience in a sales or marketing environment be it capital analytical equipment sales/marketing or a consumables environment.
• Alternatively a candidate with no sales experience but someone with a strong commercial awareness and a good knowledge of Trace Elemental Analysis would be considered
• A broad familiarity of some of the following industries: Petrochemical, Precious Metals, Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Food/Flavors, Clinical, Toxicology, Forensics, and Chemical Industry.
• Ability to identify new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans.
• The position requires the ability to travel within your defined geographical area and on occasions to facilities across Europe
• Ability to travel
• Hold a valid UK Driving license
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join