Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, we enable customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, our worldwide teamis dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Introduction, the World needs answers
If you want to help accelerate discoveries that change our world for the better, look no further. We are looking for motivated and inspired professionals with experience to strengthen our R&D software organization. We are devoted to bringing leading technologies to different markets with high quality products and services. There’s an enormous variety of applications of our tools for our customers! From research to create better medicines and finding a cure for cancer, to examining how the structure wafers are build up and how the paint of a sport car can be improved! It's just a small grip out of these varieties.
Check out these video’s
- corporate organization https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- our life sciences business https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfPTJt1NEA
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- Blog SW Technical lead Eindhoven http://www.talentbox.nl/blogs/3/gl6zc7-achieve-breakthroughs-by-electron-microscopes-
The Corporate Technology Software Group
A part of the R&D organization is the Corporate Technology Software Group.
This group is responsible for the development of the platform and microscope control software for Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM), like optics and motion control as well as image and data acquisition.
This group is committed to bring value-adding and game changing software solutions to our customers that help them with their success. The application software group is a multi-site development organization divided over the R&D sites in Eindhoven (the Netherlands), Brno (Czech), and Russia. The organization in Eindhoven consists of around 50 software engineers.
The software engineer will be part of an enthusiastic team. You will be responsible for the full software development cycle of new features, product enhancement and new applications. Your assignment will be a mixture of the following activities:
- Software specification based on system performance and requirements
- Develop designs based on a full comprehension of the function, purpose and application of the product.
- Align on architectural guidelines and re-use of components with other engineers
- Contribute to the architectural software roadmap using the sw product roadmaps and vision. Implement and integrate while making practical development choices given limited design information and defined delivery schedules.
- Troubleshooting and debugging of software programs in a simulation as well as on the microscope systems available for development.
- Conduct bug fixing on existing issues through software implementation, development of test methodologies and performing unit tests.
- Act as the authoritative owner of multiple functional characteristics and/or modules of the specified software application.
- Mentoring and coaching less experienced Software Engineers within the team.
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary technical environment to solve complex technical problems. If you enjoy the development of software solutions on top of high-performance systems, this is an excellent opportunity. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires, BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related technical discipline.
- 5-7 years’ experience in object oriented development of technical software for high-tech equipment
- Preference for development experience on top of highly-integrated, high-performance systems used in semiconductor capital equipment or related industries. At a minimum, development experience with medium sized software applications.
- Must demonstrate clear ability to develop effective integration software for complex, high-performance subsystems and components.
- Able to work on diverse objectives and problems where analysis of situation or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Knowledge of interoperability between different programming languages
- Object Oriented Design and/or State Modeling
- State-of-the-Art C++ (including Boost/STL, C++11/14)
- Visual Studio, Windows 7
- Agile/Scrum Development
- Model Driven designs and Domain Specific languages
- TDD, Unit testing
- Source control management (RTC, Git)
- Component Development (ATL/COM)
- Visual C#/.NET
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration (multi-site)
- Good communicational skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English
- Team player
- Candidate must be able to work in a cross-disciplinary scrum team in a dynamic product development environment
- Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Value orientation, getting to the essence, setting and acting according to priorities
- Proactive and result orientation
- Curious, fast learning (mostly on the job)
Eligible for a passport and able to travel.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join