When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Do you want be a part of the journey of building smart connected lab solutions for Thermo Fisher Scientific products?
Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills?
Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for an IoT Architect accountable for the IoT connectivity platform design and build
IoT connectivity service across multiple business verticals within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific we want to make science easier with connected ecosystems & digital science innovations.
The candidate will be spear heading the architecture & design of the connected solution that can make the vision possible.
- Work closely with all divisions on IoT use cases and requirements. Gather and understand technical and functional requirements
- Ensuring the IoT technical solution is aligned with enterprise and technology strategy to meet wider business needs and strategy
- Lead technology analysis and selection pertaining to IoT connectivity
- End to end solution delivery to support business unit IoT roadmaps
- Develop connectivity interfaces for products, Internet of Things (IoT) interfaces for remote monitoring, and modules for connecting to other applications.
- Stay abreast of technology/industry trends and innovation
- Experience in one or more specific IoT / embedded industry (i.e. home automation, business automation, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.)
- Experience with embedded or real-time operating systems, and/or driver/kernel development
- Solid understanding of the IoT stack and familiarity with IoT platforms.
- Technical background with IP-based wireless technology, public wireless networks, and IP networking.
- Understanding of the design considerations when architecting data communications subsystems for cloud-hosted IoT applications.
- Excellent understanding of the AWS cloud computing stack.
- Working with data at the petabyte scale and designing robust systems
- 10+ years of solutions architecting experience in one or more of these industry verticals: Healthcare, Wireless, cloud-hosted Platform-as-a Service, and embedded computing
- Understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements such as FedRAMP and HIPAA is a plus
- Strong knowledge of threats and vulnerabilities associated with application, IoT, cloud, and network security.
- BS or MS in a technical area such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
Location and Work Environment:
The position is located in South San Francisco or Carlsbad, California. Thermo Fisher Scientific enjoys a relatively casual work environment, with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join