Job Title: Scientist III, Cell Biology
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Support validation and commercialization of new reagents for multi-parametric flow cytometry.
- Maintain flow cytometry instrumentation and validate novel instrument configurations.
- Support the development of complex primary cell models for characterization, validation, and troubleshooting of new reagents.
- Communicate effectively and work efficiently with team members across the organization to track and support the product development & release process.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently to meet product release timelines.
- Collaborate with departments across the organization to resolve technical issues and support products.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports to manager, extended R&D teams, and senior leadership.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Immunology or related life science discipline with a minimum of 5-8 years of product development industry experience; or Master's degree in the same area with a minimum of 2-4 years of product development industry experience; or a Ph.D. degree in the same area with 1-2 years of product development industry experience.
- Must have extensive experience with digital cytometer instrumentation and be comfortable with different types of instrumentation, optimizing and modifying filter sets, and validating new instrumentation.
- Must have experience performing multi-parametric, flow cytometry studies, including advanced intracellular staining procedures.
- Experience with formal product commercialization processes and documentation is highly desired.
- Must be able to independently design, plan, prioritize, and execute project tasks and experiments.
- Capable of independently troubleshooting and optimizing technical protocols and procedures.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and being flexible to meet changing priorities.
- Must be highly organized and have strong project management skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a multi-disciplinary team to provide technical direction and to support a positive work environment.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join