When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Technical Application Scientist II - provides technical support to Thermo Fisher Scientific customers for the GIBCO® Cell Culture and Invitrogen Molecular Biology product lines. Technical Support Scientist II has contact with internal and external customers on a daily basis. Possibly serve on cross-functional teams to provide expertise and to represent customer perspective and needs. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Be able to exercise good judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other lower-level personnel.
This position requires repetitive typing, considerable interaction on the telephone and regular viewing of a computer monitor. The use of voice is required for a significant portion of the day. Most of the other physical demands are typical with those associated with an office environment. Occasional work in a laboratory environment is a possibility. Must be capable of observing and adhering to lab safety standards and protocols.
- Receive inquiries via telephone or email to provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources
- Participate in training, both new product, and continuing education to remain at the edge of scientific knowledge
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system
- Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ’s and troubleshooting guides
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other company managed databases of technical information
- Present technical updates and contribute to department meetings
- May present technical and product information at trade shows and in customer field visits.
- Participate in Specialty Team projects/individual projects
- B.S., B.A. in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or Biotechnology
- 3 years related laboratory experience required. (Undergraduate lab work does not count towards 3 years)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to customers and colleagues
- M.S or PhD. in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or Biotechnology
- 4+ Years of proven business development specific to the biotech and pharma industry
- Prior experience in a customer facing role is preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific; each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join