When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry group is looking for an enthusiastic and well qualified Software Scientist for developing Mass spectrometry instrument software that includes real time control of instruments, associated algorithms for instrument control, instrument calibration, high speed performance and real time data analysis.
The individual should be able to combine extensive knowledge of core sciences like ion physics and chemistry with computer programming for embedded systems, .net applications and cloud based software processing. The ability to effectively communicate and work in a diverse environment with scientists, software developers and chemists is paramount to success in this role.
- Develop software for instrument control systems of mass spectrometry instruments using a combination of Lua, Python, C#, C++ and C.
- Design and implement algorithms and software control services for prototyping of new functions and ideas.
- Develop procedures for calibration and tuning of various control elements in a mass spectrometer, like ion optic lenses, quadrupoles, ion traps and orbitraps, including mathematical and statistical modeling.
- Advance the group’s capability by using in-depth research, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Work with external academic collaborators and field support in troubleshooting and reproducing customer issues, when required.
- The individual must have strong scientific computing skills to design, implement, verify and deploy complex mass spectrometry and chromatography instruments and systems.
- The candidate should have a PhD in scientific fields like Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience working with instrumentation, medical or analytical instruments either in industry or in an academic lab.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to review and evaluate writing of others.
- Data structures and basic computing algorithms including sorting and searching.
- Excellent programming know how with C++ and or C#
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python or Lua
- Experience with Mass spectrometry is desired
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join