Formulation , filling and Packaging of product according to set procedures with due regard to product availability and integrity. The position impacts the ability to fulfil production schedules. Decisions taken affect quality and integrity of products. Additional responsibilities may include: 1) instrument calibration, 2) maintaining laboratory housekeeping standards and consumable supplies, 3) supports Team Leader and other production personnel on process development improvement project work and the resolution of quality issues, 4) training others and 5) participating in activities assigned to support safety regulations.
- Formulation and filing of products including the requirement to operate in a clean-room environment wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, involving operation and routine maintenance of relevant equipment.
- Packages products according to procedures and work orders in a safe, clean and timely manner. Maintains a high product quality at all stages in terms of product appearance, lot integrity, fill accuracy, package condition and ensures there is no cross contamination.
- Responsible for in-process inspections at all stages of production to ensure lot integrity at all times and ensure paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Release of work orders on appropriate manufacturing systems.
- Responsible for supporting and complying with the Company's safety and hazardous waste management programme, including safe hazardous waste handling and good housekeeping. Safety equipment and special precautions are required when working in the manufacturing/laboratory areas.
- Utilising PPI Continuous improvement in understanding of quality concepts as they apply to all work performed, services offered, communications and products.
- Maintains laboratory housekeeping standards and consumable supplies.
- May be required to train others, once trained, to the appropriate level in a particular operation.
- Receives materials, maintains inventory counts, kits work orders and implements other transactions within the stores areas. Maintains neat and tidy material stores areas. Processes stock transactions for all store areas; reporting any discrepancies. Errors in stock transactions affect production, accounts and stock of finished goods.
- May be required to perform quality control testing of finished goods. Records test results on work orders and may recommend release status prior to releasing material on manufacturing systems.
General school education, A-Level , or equivalent, higher level education in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. Good knowledge of laboratory practices, including quality, safety and chemical handling. Good computer skills preferable. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, meet targets and complete necessary paperwork. Good manual dexterity. Ability to work well in teams.
Manufacturing experience is essential, ideally from the medical device/food/pharmaceutical industries. Experience in a hazardous production/clean room environment is preferred, but not essential. Good computer skills preferable. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, meet targets and complete necessary paperwork.
The majority of the time is spent working in controlled production areas. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts. Requires the use of office equipment, including operating a computer terminal on occasions. The employment will involve manual handling, and some tasks are of a repetitive nature.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join