Job Title: Commercial Director, Laboratory Solutions India (LSI)
Location : Mumbai, India
Requisition ID : 50755 BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Based in Mumbai India, the Commercial Director reports to the MD & Vice President & General Manager of India and Middle East. The commercial director role carries the responsibility of managing India business P&L with one of the largest business units.
Specifically, the individual will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement the short and long-term strategic and operating plans for LSI in India/South Asia
- Develop and implement a go-to-market strategy for the LSI portfolio in India and the surrounding south Asia countries including the appropriate mix between direct and distributer partners
- Develop and implement a key account strategy for LSI South Asia, working with other divisional commercial leaders to drive incremental growth through value proposition and workflow selling solutions
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities for growth, engaging with LSI divisions to drive business development opportunities for emerging technologies or new market segments
- Drive new product introduction (NPI) and deliver on incremental revenue targets for NPI
- Develop a disciplined commercial team through the deployment of robust sales processes including accurate forecast and pipeline management, utilization of customer relationship management (CRM) tools and marketing leads. Drive sales force productivity
- Localize global marketing campaigns to drive revenue. Leverage global and regional marketing teams to support local sales strategies and markets
- Play an active and leading role in the acquisition of local companies/partners and lead integration of any globally acquired / new businesses
- Ensure a financially sound operation with solid corporate governance and compliance for the LSI business in South Asia. Plan and manage the business’s budget appropriately including revenue, margin and operating expenditure
- Partner with other members of the management team, globally and in the region, to formulate cross-functional strategies
- Monitor market intelligence including competition; macroeconomics and the regulatory environment
- Lead a commercially-savvy team; hire, motivate, and retain employees, to build a high performing sales organization. Develop local pipeline for leadership and key pillar positions
- Actively participate as a member of the division and the Indian Thermo Fisher leadership teams.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience ideally in the Chemicals industry, general management, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a functional or country leadership role
- Experience in general management, with strong commercial background including channel management, additional exposure in manufacturing/operations will also be desired.
- Experience in running a business in India, or a demonstrable understanding of India business practice in a MNC organization.
- Familiarity with India government policy and funding practices as well as an existing network of KOL and policy makers
- Strong executive presence with established people leadership skills and should be adept at fostering strong personal relationships
- Experience in managing stakeholders like distributors and partners, preferably on a country-wide basis.
- The candidate must be a graduate in a chemistry discipline. An MBA degree would be preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join