Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 57,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The TAC/TS Specialist is an office based position that is responsible for customer and field engineer support activities with a focus on phone based troubleshooting and when needed travel for field escalation support. The successful candidate must have the ability to utilize troubleshooting processes to diagnose and resolve technical issues on a variety of instruments. The ability to manage service request and administrative responsibilities.
Additional responsibilities include: customer relationship management, written documentation of service activities, and effective interaction and communication with internal personnel, manufacturing, and sales. The TAC/TS will also represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- 5 years of field service experience
- Prior Instrument Service Training Required
- Strong knowledge of Real Time PCR instruments and Flow Cytometry Instruments (QuantStudio and Attune Instruments)
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve problems on electronic and mechanical instrumentation in a scientific laboratory environment
- Must possess basic software skills and computer literacy
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze schematics, assembly drawings and wiring diagrams
- Good written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and an effective team player
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join