When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a Warehouse Lead, you will lead all warehouse activities from receiving raw material, kitting, shop floor control and shipping of finished goods. This individual will be accountable for the handling and processing of all inventory in the warehouse. Supervising and assigning tasks to the team and maintaining functions in the warehouse are among some of the core essentials of this role.
The successful candidate will maintain high levels of accuracy in day-to-day operations, lead and develop the warehouse team and provide impeccable service to both internal and external customers.
- Organize and develop systematic plans for storing, receiving, issuing and shipping goods.
- Responsible for managing cycle count program and investigate variances as required.
- Follow all necessary documentation and procedures to ensure full compliance of shipping international and domestic goods.
- Ensure the proper labeling, tagging and packaging of goods and materials.
- Responsible for supervising the day to day activities of team members to ensure operations run seamlessly.
- Manage customer service requests promptly.
- Cross train all warehouse staff on key functions to ensure proper staffing in place.
- Drive compliance with safety, quality and productivity goals in support of warehouse team objectives.
- Provide recommendations on process improvement and assist in implementation.
- 5-7 years in warehousing or supply chain management
- Experience with Global Trade Compliance
- Proven knowledge of warehouse policies and procedures
- Ability to interface with the freight companies and suppliers to manage issues.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with 3-5 years of related experience
- Forklift driving experience preferred
- Self-motivated, adaptable and ability to be flexible while maintaining a positive attitude
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Office preferred
- Ability to multi-task and detail oriented
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join