Engineer II - Systems
We are seeking strong candidates to support internal hardware within the Ion Torrent organization. This will involve working within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and molecular biologists and other scientists to support the R&D and product development efforts in RUO and IVD environments. This individual will be part of a larger team tasked with overall hardware support and maintenance at each of the Ion Torrent sites.
The job responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining Ion Torrent instrumentation by performing preventative maintenance according to established protocols
• Debugging, troubleshooting and repairing faulty instrumentation within the Ion Torrent organization
• Develop support and training material for the broader Life Tech support organization and Field Service teams including Preventative Maintenance plans for each instrument
• Travel to key/strategic sites to assist with install or instrument failures
• Track and quantitate failures and failure modes on internal instruments, including pulling necessary information from rest of the R&D team
• Work closely with the Ion Torrent Global Support Team to analyze and debug field hardware issues
Position requirements and skills:
• B.S. Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field with 1+ years experience in system engineering, hardware development or field service engineering. Any equivalent work-related experience will also be considered.
• In addition to impeccable technical skills, successful candidates possess strong organizational, communication and team skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, hard-working and multidisciplinary team
• Committed and enthusiastic about Life Technologies next gen sequencing programs
• Resourceful and flexible
• Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused
• Straightforward, self-motivated, and trustworthy
• Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of activities
• An individual with experience in biotechnology or medical device industries
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join