When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher BioServices, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the industry leader in the management of critical biological materials to support the advancement of cell therapy, GMP biologics, and population-based public health research. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. We offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. http://www.fisherbioservices.com/
The Senior Engineer; Reliability and Asset Management is responsible for the reliability and effectiveness of our cryogenic and deep freeze storage solutions. In carrying out this role the position will take ownership of the Overall equipment effectiveness, analysis of failure modes, corrective actions associated with improving longevity and uptime of the equipment. In addition the role will coordinate the replenishment/ replacement process, and the validation process. The position requires utilization of both technical knowledge and lean concepts to drive overall success of these activities ensuring that the business meet all safety, regulatory, quality, and operational requirements expected of a world class organization.
- Domain expertise in Refrigeration System & Cryogenics products.
- Maintain responsibility for the efficiency of the fleet of 2000+ refrigeration systems (+4 C to -195 C) including hydrocarbon and natural refrigerant based systems.
- Maintain the reliability of the fleet, including the maintenance of the Asset Management System (Maximo software).
- Measure and effectively manage the reliability of the fleet to effective failure mode analysis and Root cause corrective actions.
- Work effectively within a world class Quality system and framework.
- Provide technical ownership of the Standard Work instructions (SWIs) for maintenance and the Implementation of maintenance of the fleet.
- Manage, coordinate and execute the validation and requalification process for all refrigeration, frozen storage needs, within the established timeframe.
- Control the Kanban replenishment system for freezer units at each of the sites.
- Perform heat load calculations to determine refrigeration requirements and heat transfer and thermodynamic analysis associated with sizing HVAC, location of new units.
- Maintain the backup (redundant capacity) requirements for each of the sites.
- Maintain an understanding of alternative refrigeration technologies.
- Develop the DFMEA, ability to predict the failure modes. Develop & draft Engineering test procedure (ETP) to validate the new failure modes identified.
- Provide leadership, supervision and coordination for operational activities related to existing equipment
- Bachelors’ degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with 5+ yrs. of experience
- Preference to Masters in engineering or other industry relevant degree pertaining to our business
- Implementation experience in Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement or Process Improvement with demonstrated results
- Key behaviors and skills should include:
- Work experience within Cryogenic and freezer systems
- Hands on experience of working within a mechanical or electrical sector – pertaining to the cold storage business
- Working knowledge of FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
- Working knowledge of maintenance programs as well as reliability systems and techniques
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge to define root cause and effective possible solutions.
- Ability to conduct DOE and analyze large set of data through statistical analysis
- Experience and use of Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Strong working knowledge of FDA QSR, IVDD and ISO 13485.
- Experience using Quality Management Systems, Asset Management System, Sales Management System. Experience with Biological Inventory Management Systems(InTrak, ITIS, BSI, Nautilus) a plus.
- Deployment of Six sigma tool sets would be required – including; Analysis of variation (ANOVA), capability, Gauge R&R, as well as run charts, control charts and the management of control plans.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join