When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Field Service Engineer will install, repair and service liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry (LC/MS) clinical analyzer platforms to ensure a continuous operation. Ensure customer needs and expectations are met and exceeded while promoting a positive image of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This is a role that can be located anywhere within California with a preference for the Bay Area to support the West Coast.
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry clinical analyzer platforms.
- Analyze review and inspection findings to determine source of problem and recommend repair, replacement, or other corrective actions.
- Coordinate problem resolution with engineering, technical service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Provide a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- BS degree in Engineering, Science (electrical or mechanical) or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- A min of 5 years of experience as a Field Service Engineer in installing, servicing analytical measurement equipment and/or IVD instrumentation.
- Understanding and experience of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation and software is a strong plus.
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential.
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic and mechanical instrumentation in a challenging environment.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively (~ 70% - 90%) within the territory and other areas as required, including international.
- Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other Service teams and Sales.
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, complete and report job tasks.
- Must be able to work extended hours when required and possibly including 24/7 support.
- Ability to safely lift 50 Lbs with assistance on occasion.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join