The Digital Marketing Manager is a strategic, customer-centric role focused on maximizing lead generation and revenue through digital marketing channels. As a part of the Agribusiness global marketing team the Digital Marketing Manager will provide data analysis and strategic recommendations, and will lead and assist in creating, executing, and monitoring global digital programs to augment the business’ larger marketing strategies, and to maximize online revenue. In addition to digital marketing components of marketing programs, this individual will work with other marketing team members and regional marketing partners to develop stand-alone programs and efforts, including cross-sell, internal search optimization, form completion optimization, and other digital-specific programs that improve conversions, and sustain growth for Agribusiness across all regions.
Create, implement and manage the digital marketing plan which will include activities such as optimizing storefront health; creating cross-sell and up-sell opportunities; capturing and directing web traffic through on-site search optimization; in-cart and merchandising placements, digital advertising, conversion optimization and account-based or journey-based promotions. This position supports NPI launches in the digital space, and the acquisition of new customers through multiple online channels. This position collaborates closely with the marketing automation and account-based marketing teams, as well as divisional GMDs, to devise and support lead nurturing and marketing automation journeys.
Lead the development of engaging eCommerce-related content and online merchandising activities to improve site conversion, average order value, and repeat traffic/purchases. Increase customer retention and lifetime value through effective use of on-site merchandising including thin banners, internal-search- and in-cart-promos. The manager will regularly monitor site search volumes and cart activity, and will provide strategic recommendations for trigger terms and SKUs, as well as messages and calls to action. Working with the Marketing Director, the digital marketing manager will define thresholds and KPIs, and will establish a regular cadence for reporting and monitoring performance.
The manager will serve as the subject matter expert on web-based forms, their execution, management and tracking. Collaborate with eBusiness and Marketing stakeholders, especially the Conversion Rate Optimization team, to represent the interests of Agribusiness and ensure that forms are optimized and are capturing leads properly. Close collaboration and building strong relationships will be key in this position. The manager will stay up to date on available tools and programs, and ensure that LSG digital tools and programs are utilized to full advantage.
Using the Adobe analytics suite and other available tools, the manager will build dashboards to monitor and report performance and to glean and communicate actionable insights. The manager will perform ad-hoc analyses and data-investigations to dig into data and to glean actionable insights. Analysis areas include but are not limited to: form-related data, visual analysis of web behavior, Omniture web metrics including internal search, A/B test results, usage and consumption of digital content including video, and fiscal period reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage detailed digital forecasting, budget development and oversight, revenue generation and related marketing activities.
- Work with the digital marketing and corporate web teams to enhance the user experience on the AgriBusiness marketing webpages with the goal of greater customer loyalty and increased product pull through with each order.
- Lead the development of cross-divisional programs and customer campaigns that promote cross-sell and upsell and drive customer acquisition and retention.
- Devise and execute organic search strategies specific to online commerce.
- Oversee strategy, implementation & execution of all online marketing campaigns, including search, display advertising, video, retargeting, and display networks.
- Collaborate to create A/B tests to maximize conversion.
- Monitor results and improve conversion.
- Provide key metrics at established cadence with a recap of product performance and sales. Highlight primary tactics that drove lead generation and conversion.
- Track and share B2B and B2C eCommerce trends as well as competitive landscape information.
- Monitor competitor marketing efforts and industry trends to take appropriate preemptive and responsive action.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Travel is required (10%).
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Key Competencies):
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, IT or related field
- 4-6 years’ experience in digital marketing
- Experience working on websites for global or multinational companies
- An ability to think strategically as well as execute and implement
- Ability to create a collaborative team environment and complete projects that bridge multiple departments and divisions
- Strong analytical/modeling skills with the ability to convert raw data into actionable insights.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills (able to communicate ideas with senior leaders, able to create and deliver persuasive business cases & marketing content, able to gain consensus, able to create compelling messaging, etc.)
- Ability to evaluate feedback and translate into requirements and business process improvements
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deliver on-time and on-budget
- Be able to work independently with minimal direction or guidance
- High level of intensity and comfort level with change
- Proficient knowledge of contemporary digital marketing, eBusiness, eCommerce, UI/UX, and general website best practices