Job Title: Sr. Technical Sales Specialist, Flow Cytometry
Territory: The candidate will responsible for the sales and business development in the New England area.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Flow Cytometry Technical Sales Specialist is a field sales position responsible for both capital equipment and consumable sales. The candidate will be based in Massachusetts. The candidate will responsible for the sales and business development in the New England area.
- Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in the area of Flow Cytometry. Develop in-depth technical knowledge on anchoring technology product in the assigned portfolio.
- Manages the sales of a strategic product portfolio in an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans for the Flow Cytometry business.
- Comprehend and utilize product features, benefits and applications accompanied with selling and business building skills to successfully promote and consummate the sale of Company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan.
- The primary driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business. The Sales Specialist will be recognized as a technical leader and business development leader within the sales force that drives strategic objectives and adoption of new products.
- Consistently achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by maintaining existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, working independently to grow new business as a multiplicative partner, and drive growth at assigned call points in assigned technology portfolio.
- Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills.
- Mentor / serve as model to other members of the sales and marketing organization with advanced skills, knowledge, attributes, and proven performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of successful flow cytometry sales experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in flow cytometry.
- Extensive knowledge of Molecular Biology, Drug Discovery, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industry required.
- A Master degree or PhD in the life sciences is highly desirable.
- Experience with any of the family of Thermo Fisher Scientific other products.
- Previous experience with legacy eBioscience and/or legacy Molecular Probes or other flow cytometry reagents.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join