Packaging Technician 2 - 3rd Shift
Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Allentown
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and promotes Thermo Fisher’s values of Integrity Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Comply with all safety regulations and conduct all activities in a safe, efficient manner.
- Cleans packaging rooms and machinery in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Principles (cGMPs).
- Performs manual or automated assembly, filling, packaging and labeling of pharmaceutical products. Ensures adherence to specifications and the highest quality standards.
- Accepts or rejects in-process clinical supplies and drug products according to acceptability standards determined by Good Manufacturing Principles, customer requirements, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Works with other departments to perform in-process inspections and other necessary tasks.
- Performs computer-related tasks for signing in to a job, in-process actions and data entry.
- Performs counts of incoming and completed components and drug product to ensure accuracy and accountability.
- Performs tasks that may be verified by an independent individual, or may perform inspection/verifications of work performed by others.
- Uses stationary and/or hand-held machinery in multiple operations.
- Able to interpret drawings and assembly instructions independently. Able to demonstrate this aptitude in the work area to the room lead prior to starting an operation.
- Personal Protective Equipment Certification (PPE) including but not limited to filtering face masks, PAPR, N- 95 masks, half face masks and safety glasses is required to perform this position.
- Must be able to work in both primary and secondary rooms.
- Active member of PPI Initiatives.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Some weekday, weekend and holiday overtime may be required.
- This position requires hand-eye coordination, manual and finger dexterity, attention to detail, and the ability to perform repetitive tasks with both hands, and learn new tasks with assistance from Team Leads and fellow employees. In addition, accurate counting, interpretations of 2D drawings/diagrams, and understanding of batch paperwork is necessary to ensure proper assembly of clinical supplies.
- Must be able to work independently or as a part of a team in the completion of assigned tasks, occasionally without constant supervision
- High school diploma, or GED, combined with the ability to read, write and complete basic mathematics calculations.
- Prior experience in packaging, manufacturing, clean room environment or equivalent is a plus. Must be able to meet physical requirements stated in the Essential Job Functions with little or no exceptions or assistance.
- Must have self-confidence.
- Must be able to recognize your own emotions and how they affect your thoughts and behavior towards others.
- Must know your strengths and weaknesses.
- Must be able to control impulsive feelings and behaviors.
- Must manage your emotions in healthy ways.
- Must be able to take initiative, follow through on commitments, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Must be able to understand the emotions, needs, and concerns of other people, pick up on emotional cues, feel comfortable socially, and recognize the power dynamics in a group or organization.
- Must know how to develop and maintain good relationships.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, work well in a team, and work through conflict.
- Must be a role model leader and follow Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ four I’s values at all time.
- Certain physical conditions (i.e.: allergies) may preclude an individual from performing these required job duties. Exceptions to these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis, but are by no means guaranteed. Development of certain conditions while employed in this position which preclude an individual from performing the terms of their Job Description and Essential Job Functions may result in reduced work hours or release from position.
- Must be able to speak, read and write (legibly) in the English language without assistance.
- Must have basic computer skills, to include, but not be limited to: data entry, log in/out, screen and program navigation, website navigation.
- Must have working mathematical skills for adding, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages.
- Must be able to stand continuously (95%-100%)
- Must be able to walk frequently (50% - 79%)
- Must be able to sit (up to 49%)
- Must be able to lift and or carry the max of 50 pounds frequently (50%-79%)
- Must be able to bend frequently (50%-79%)
- Must be able to squat (up to 49%)
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level essentially (80%-94%)
- Must be able to use both right and left hand for repetitive action, simple grasping, pushing and pulling and fine manipulation essentially (80%-94%)
- Must be able to use both the right and left foot for repetitive action occasionally (up to 49%)
- Vision requirements for this position: close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision, peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three dimensional vision) and the ability to adjust focus
- Personal Protective Equipment Certification (PPE) including but not limited to filtering face masks, PAPR, N- 95 masks, half face masks and safety glasses is required to perform this position
- Must be able to work in both heat/cold environments (up to 79%)
- Prior experience in packaging, manufacturing, clean room environment or equivalent.
- Must be able to problem solve/troubleshoot.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong Work Ethic
- Positive Attitude
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Acts as a Team Player
- Processes the Ability to Accept and Learn From Criticism
- Works Well Under Pressure
- Able to adapt to new situations and challenges
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join