As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Job Title: Production Manager
- Ensure delivery of all customer service, productivity, quality and inventory metrics. Set improvement plans where necessary.
- Continually monitor and update plans based on changing demand forecasts, inventory levels, achieved production outputs and efficiencies etc.
- Accurately project and manage all costs including operations, sourcing, material and finished goods inventory and expiry.
- Ensure tight integration between Operations and Logistics to achieve synchronization objectives (schedule attainment, adherence and on time shipping).
- Provide leadership to ensure accurate and timely input into AOP and forecasting process as it pertains to sourcing, inventory and expiry plans and cost projections.
- Work with Site & Operations Lead to ensure capacity and capability expansion plans are both cost and operationally effective.
- To provide leadership to achieve continuous improvement in manufacturing cycle time, schedule realization and total cost productivity and drive cultural change to deliver this.
- Communicate with internal/external customers to identify needs and priorities accordingly.
- Manage staffing levels to support customer requirements while maintaining efficient operations.
- Identify risks and mitigate via implementation of process improvements or strategic decisions while improving efficiencies, quality and service.
- Provide direction to Inventory Control in support of manufacturing work-in-process inventory accuracy in accordance with inventory control departmental procedures.
- Support a work environment characterized by employee involvement and participative management to encourage the highest level of employee engagement.
- Identify key talent and develop with a vision for future state needs.
- Ensure a safe work environment through support of the Safety guidelines and continual emphasis on safe work habits and working conditions.
- Assure the proper application of established company policies and guidelines.
- Provide for the continuous procedural improvement and staff adherence in order to comply with all GMP and ISO requirements related to area of responsibility. Comply with all ISO and other regulations as communicated by Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies with experience within organisations that have successfully implemented lean programmes.
- Production managerial experience, with track record of proven results. Experience on short shelf life products/high volume production desirable.
- Candidate will need to have strong analytic and data skills, strong people and influence management skills (driving agenda across multiple functional groups and levels; BU, Planners, Customer Service, etc.), as well as presentation and verbal skills to allow for facilitation and report-out capability to Senior Management.
- Ability to drive organizational change.
- Results focused, able to synthesize multiple pieces of information and act decisively.
- High-energy strategic thinker with solid judgment and a passion for learning.
- Ability to synthesize complexity and distill into simplistic models and presentations.
- Strong communication skills to deliver impartial and unbiased results while developing and presenting recommendations.
- Ability in creating and adapting strategic frameworks and methodologies; can move seamlessly from strategy to tactics.
- Ability to see the big picture; strong creativity.
- Capability to manage business relationships at the executive level. Able to interact with individuals to the Divisional President or CEO level.
- A collaborator who can balance need to share information and when to execute.
Other Job Requirements:
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, manufacturing, science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a multi-faceted Manufacturing environment in a management capacity. This experience should demonstrate clear progression, the ability to be part of a cross functional teams and success in various business situations.
Additional Desired Requirements:
- Knowledge of GMP and TQM.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean techniques and concepts.
- Master’s degree in manufacturing or business administration.
- Familiarity with medical device manufacturing preferred, but not required.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join