When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a talented Engineer Test/Integration to develop test cases and plan based on the requirements and release schedules.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the requirements (both explicit and implicit) of the system under development
- Develop test cases and a test plan based on the requirements and release schedules
- Execute test cases described and documented in the test plan
- Identify failures during test execution and log appropriate information needed to allow the developer to understand, reproduce, and address the issue
- Exercise good judgment determining priority and severity of defects
- Champion and track resolution of identified software issues.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues and determine root cause of defects
- Working knowledge of software testing concepts and systematic testing
- Working knowledge of complex multi-tier software architectures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows based operating systems
- Demonstrated risk-based mindset when evaluating and communicating test results and status
- Ability to work independently to initiate, take ownership of, and lead testing of individual system components as well as fully integrated platforms.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills, and the ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques
- Ability to lead project teams as needed
- B.A./B.S. Computer Science, Engineering, Physical or Natural Sciences required (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in commercial software testing
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- Working knowledge of agile/scrum product development principles.
- Experience with one or more programming languages
- Working knowledge of automated test tools and their implementation
- Working knowledge of database systems (SQL Server or Oracle).
- Previous industrial product development experience strongly preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join